The Westchester County Republican Party opted not to run candidates in several county legislative districts, mainly so that they can focus their time, energy and money on key races, Doug Colety, the party chairman said this week.
The GOP won’t be running candidates in districts 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 12, 16 and 17, which means Peter Harckham, John Nonna, Martin Rogowsky, Judy Myers, Vito Pinto, Tom Abinanti, Ken Jenkins and Jose Alvarado are getting free passes from Republicans. Read the story.
“We’re very optimistic we can win countywide races and pick up some county legislator seats,” Colety said.
Here’s a look at their ticket:
Westchester GOP candidates
– County executive: Rob Astorino
– District attorney: Dan Schorr
– County clerk: Robert Morabito
– District 1, Peekskill, Buchanan and Yorktown: John Testa
– District 4, Yorktown, New Castle and Somers: Gregory Kane
– District 5, White Plains and Scarsdale: Bob Hyland
– District 8, Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Elmsford and Greenburgh: Thomas Bock
– District 9, Cortlandt, Croton-on-Hudson, Ossining, Briarcliff Manor: Susan Konig
– District 11, Pelham, Pelham Manor, New Rochelle: James Maisano*
– District 13, Mount Vernon: Dorothy Fiorillo
– District 14, Yonkers: Bernice Spreckman*
– District 15, Yonkers and Bronxville: Gordon Burrows*