Reports of impending Frankenstorm rain and wind be gone, U.S. Rep. Nan Hayworth, R-Bedford, is keeping her schedule up to date — especially with a little more than a week to go before the election. She is seeking a second term to represent the redrawn District 18 and facing a challenge from Democrat Sean Patrick Maloney.
Her staff reports that she will be at rally Monday morning with Congressman Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.
It is at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Paladin Center, 39 Seminary Hill Road in Carmel. The Paladin Center describes itself as a professional and continuing education venue specializing in public safety and tactical defense training. The rally will include endorsements from various law enforcement organizations and will end with a press conference.
Endorsements are expected from:
• Congressman Peter King, Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security
• The New York State Fraternal Order of Police
• Westchester County Correction Officers’ Bonevolent Association
• New York City Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association
• NYPD Captains Endowment Association
• NYPD Sergeants Benevolent Association
• The Affiliated Police Associations of Westchester County (including Bedford PBA, MTA PBA, Mount Kisco PBA, NYS Troopers PBA, NYS Park Police PBA, NYS Supreme Court Officers PBA, NYS University Police PBA, Poughkeepsie PBA, Pound Ridge PBA, Warwick PBA, Westchester County PBA, Westchester County SOA, Westchester County DA Inv. PBA, Yorktown PBA).
UPDATE: Hayworth’s staff notes that this event was planned a while ago and that while her plan is to be there, obviously the storm could change the schedule for her and for the many law enforcement personnel expected.