- Politics on the Hudson - http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com -
Rockland Sheriff’s Office offers free gun locks
Posted By Steve Lieberman On January 30, 2013 @ 2:12 pm In Rockland County,Uncategorized | Comments Disabled
The Rockland Sheriff’s Office will offer free firearm locks for county residents who possess firearms.
Starting Friday, the Sheriff’s Police Division will begin to disseminate firearms cable locks.
• These cable locks will be provided to Rockland residents free-of-charge, on a first come, first received basis.
• In an effort to provide these devices to the maximum number of residents, a limit of four cable locks per household has been established.
• Persons seeking to receive the locks will be asked to complete a voluntary basic information form. If a person chooses not to complete the form, they must display visual proof of residency to the issuing officer.
• If requested and if time permits, the issuing officer will explain how to install the cable lock on a firearm.
The Rockland County Clerk’s Office also has been provided with a quantity of these cable lock devices. They will be participating in this distribution program as pistol permit amendment applications are processed.
Article printed from Politics on the Hudson: http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com/2013/01/30/rockland-sheriffs-office-offers-free-gun-locks/