- Politics on the Hudson - http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com -
Poll: Hillary more popular than Obama
Posted By Joseph Spector On February 8, 2013 @ 12:17 pm In Uncategorized | Comments Disabled
Hillary Clinton may have lost the 2008 primary, but today she’s more popular than President Obama, a Quinnipiac poll found.
Clinton, the retired secretary of state and former New York senator who lives in Chappaqua, had a 61–34 percent favorability rating among American voters, the poll found.  The president’s favorability was 51–46 percent.
Obama has a split 46–45 percent job approval, down from 53–40 percent approval in December.
Clinton, considered an early frontrunner for the 2016 presidential campaign if she decides to run, had favorability higher than other national figures. The poll didn’t include Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who is also considering a potential 2016 candidate.
“Hillary Clinton ends her term as Secretary of State and the bruising inquiry into the Benghazi murders as easily the most popular actor on the American political stage today,” said Peter Brown, a Quinnipiac pollster, in a statement.
Here’s the favorability of other potential 2016 candidates:
• 46 – 41 percent for Vice President Joseph Biden;
• 25 – 29 percent for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, with 45 percent who don’t know enough about him to form an opinion;
• 20 – 42 percent for House Speaker John Boehner;
• 27 – 15 percent for Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, with 57 percent who don’t know enough;
• 34 – 36 percent for U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan;
• 43 – 33 percent for new Secretary of State John Kerry;
• 14 – 18 percent for Defense Secretary nominee Chuck Hagel, with 67 percent who don’t know enough about him.
From Jan. 30–Feb. 4, the poll surveyed 1,772 registered voters with a margin of error of 2.3 percentage points.
Article printed from Politics on the Hudson: http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com/2013/02/08/poll-hillary-more-popular-than-obama/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://statepolitics.lohudblogs.com/files/2013/02/obama-clinton.jpg
 the poll found.: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/polling-institute/